Detection and Delay
There are a range of products on the world market specifically designed for long distance systems. Problems are that the selection of products is often not done for the Operational Requirement but to suit the product.
Examples of these are:
- A sensor cable requires a sturdy fence to eliminate false alarms
- Electrified Fences require Razor wire to increase the physical aspects of the structure
- Buried Sensors require ground preparation
Razor wire barriers
Razor wire barriers offer:
These can also be movable if required
The width, density and shock level of the barrier increase delay
High level of pedestrians, lower for vehicles
Mesh fences offer:
A limited delay depending on gauge of the wire and securing to the ground
Radar systems offer:
- Long range, target identity
- Fully network compliant communication architecture with TCP/IP addressing
- It has built-in cammera protocols to automatically point cammera's at detected intruders
- It operates at in -40 to +70 deg C temperatures.
- It is fully sealed, so neither dust nor weather can enter and damage components.
- It spins 360 degree in azimuth and tilts -30 to 110 degrees in elevation
- It operates on land, water, and on beaches, ports, and harbours.
Combined infra-red/microwave offer:
Short range, line of sight
Seismic and Buried Systems
Seismic and buried systems offer:
If attached to a mesh fence or buried, movement is detected